Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Feathers and Fur - Week 14

Hi there!  This week I decided to make a reversible bracelet based on a tutorial from Retro Cafe Art.  They are a creative group over there and very inspirational.  You can see the tutorial here http://krishubick.blogspot.com/2011/12/bird-bracelet-tutorial.html.

Thanks to a great suggestion and keeping in line with the tutorial, I am showing you the finished project first.  I am very pleased with how it turned out!

The supplies I used are:  one inch masonite circles, 10mm jumprings, lobster claw closure, glue, pliers, a one inch hole punch, one inch digital art circles, a large push pin and guilder's paste.

I cut out the circles I wanted with the hole punch and glued them to the masonite circles.  I put a layer of glue over the picture to protect it.  After it was dry I used the push pin to punch out the holes on the circles.

I added some guilder's paste to the edges to give the pieces an old look and then added some mini rhinestones to some of the pieces.  I used the jump rings to attach the circles together and added the closure.  I only needed seven circles because eight made the bracelet to loose.

This is the reverse side of the bracelet.  I enjoyed making this piece and sharing it with you!   Check out the tutorial for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment