Saturday, February 18, 2012

Cowl Girl - week 7

This week we've had a few days that actually felt like winter, so I was inspired to work with some warmer fabric.  I have this great pattern, McCall's 5271, that has several different variations of a knit shirt.  I chose view F, it has a cowl front, long sleeves and a band at the bottom that makes the top blousey.  The fabric I chose is a black and gray lacy paisley print in medium weight knit....very soft and comfy!



The pattern was very easy to sew.  There were just four pieces to cut out: the front, back, band, and sleeve.  It only took me a few hours to make the whole thing.



I am very pleased with how it turned out and plan to wear a black or white tank top under it.  I will probably make one of the other views sometime too.

No comments:

Post a Comment