Saturday, February 25, 2012

Feelin' Lazy - Week 8

I was feeling lazy and uninspired this week....but I made a promise to create one thing each week for an entire year.  So hear it is...the lazy girls super easy, yet super cute skirt!  The pattern is by Simplicity # 2368, they call it a 1 hour skirt (more like a two hour skirt).  The fabric is a cotton floral print which I pre-washed and dried ahead of time.


I really like this fabric. It has small flowers in a lot of colors that will go with quite a few tops and sweaters in my wardrobe. 


 There were only two pattern pieces to cut out which is awesome because the cutting is my least favorite part!  I ended up lengthening the skirt because it was considered a mini and it was very mini!  I cut the skirt pattern piece horizontally across the middle and extended it by five inches so that it hits just above my knee.  I then cut out the waistband piece.  I sewed the skirt front and back together at each side and sewed the waistband together at each side as well, then folded it in half and attached it to the top of the skirt.  Inserted the elastic in the wasitband and ironed the skirt.  I used my serger to finish the seams for a professional look and also serged the hem for a raw edge look.  


There you have it...very easy and cute!
So as to not be totally lazy this week, I did use the serger on my other two past projects and cleaned up the seams as well!  I have a couple of yards of this fabric left, so next week I am going to make a blouse of some sort to wear with the skirt or jeans.


2 comments:

  1. Way to stick with it! They all can't be home runs but this one sure keeps the batting average up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am amazed at your creativity! Love that you know how to personally make clothes and jewelry and not just buy mass produced items. Going to check you out everyday to see if you're wearing one of your entries!

    ReplyDelete